Thursday, April 11, 2013

Health Update

I feel like I have been at the doctor's office a lot lately!  I mentioned previously that I went to the doctor last week and then again this week for bladder pain.  They found some blood in my urine last week so they treated me with antibiotics but when I went back this week the culture showed that it wasn't a UTI.  I'm not sure what it was, and the doctor couldn't tell me anything definitive either.  He gave me a couple of prescriptions to treat bladder spasms, since he thinks maybe that's what I am dealing with now (mostly having a lot of sense of urgency to urinate, even right after I go, and some mild pain).

I'm frustrated that I don't know what is wrong.  I don't want to be taking medicine when I don't even know what the cause of my problem is.  I'm taking it right now just to help get through the day but I hope I won't be on it much longer.

In addition, I am going today for my 1 hour glucose challenge test.  For anyone who doesn't know, I have to go to the lab, drink a very sugary drink, then wait an hour and they will do a blood test to check for gestational diabetes.  I hope the test comes back perfect because I have had such a sweet tooth throughout this pregnancy, having GD would be really hard!  So, wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Lots of luck today! Sure hoping everything comes back clean. Not to mention finding a source for the bladder pain. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you still don't have any answers as to your bladder pain, that's frustrating. I hope it clears up soon.

    And good luck today with the GTT! I hope you pass and I'll be waiting for an update on how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you pass your GTT! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. I should know tomorrow if I passed the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete