Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Full Term!!! + Father's Day Recap

I'm 37 weeks pregnant today, which is officially full term!  Our little girl is free to come whenever she wants now!  Art and I celebrated it this morning and joked that in a few weeks we are going to give her an eviction notice.  We just can't wait to meet her.  It's crazy that the time left is getting so short!

We celebrated Father's Day on Sunday by going to church and then I gave Art his presents:  a Skip Hop Duo diaper bag (a lot more manly looking than my Vera Bradley bag, and it's smaller and will fit on the stroller) and three kids books to read to the baby.  One was Guess How Much I Love You, a Curious George touch and feel board book, and the last one was a book called Because I'm Your Dad.  He really liked everything and I think he's excited to use it all.
 




Daddy diaper bag


Later we went over to Ormond Beach to meet up with some family including my parents and grandparents.  I gave my dad a card and a picture frame that says Grandpa.  He just bought himself a new camera so I'm sure that he will have lots of pictures to fill the frame with pretty soon!  

All in all it was a really nice weekend.  Art and I worked on some more baby to-do's: we got his car seat base installed, packed our hospital bag (minus a few things), and he rearranged the nursery furniture and hung a painting (I'm hoping to share pictures of the nursery soon).  We also got a chance to spend some time with friends on Saturday night.  One of my friends hosted a girls night at her apartment and so Art hosted all the guys at our place and they watched Avengers.  Of course us girls had a bunch of stuff planned and then just ended up talking the whole time!  But it was fun to hang out with friends, it might be the last time we do anything like that for a while. 

How far along?: 37 weeks, only 21 days to go!
How big is baby?: Baby is officially considered full-term, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean she's finished growing — in fact, she's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average baby weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so she’s probably not kicking as much, though she’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling. Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for her big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking her thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.
Any appointments or updates this week?: Yesterday was our second childbirth class.  We practiced different breathing exercises and learned about different forms of labor induction, augmentation and such.  Then we went for the tour of the hospital - Art and I hadn't done one yet and I was so disappointed because we did not get to go into the Labor and Delivery unit because all of the rooms were full and we were in a large group.  We did get to go into one of the recovery rooms and it was tiny and not as nice as the other hospital that a lot of moms deliver at.  I tried to remind myself that the important thing is the doctors and staff and the care that I receive, but it was still disappointing.  We might try to book another tour because I would really like to see Labor and Delivery before the big day.
Body changes?: My feet and ankles are still really swollen and my hands get swollen sometimes too.  My whole body feels very heavy and it's getting uncomfortable to move around.
Maternity clothes?: I'm still living in dresses and skirts when I have to dress up, otherwise it's tank tops and shorts.  It's getting so hot that I don't really care that much if I don't look very well dressed.
Best moment last week?: Giving Art his gifts on Father's Day.
Food cravings?: Still sweets and sometimes fresh fruit or yogurt - cold stuff is good!
Symptoms?:  Swelling, waking up at night to pee, feeling heavy and tired
Exercise?: Walking and yoga.  Last week's class was awesome and I'm going back this week.
What I miss?: Not feeling so huge
What I'm looking forward to?: Meeting our baby girl!

6 comments:

  1. You are so close!!! That's exciting about the hospital tour! I had to LOL at the comment about the recovery rooms being small. It's the same thing up here. Since I had complications I was cathed and it was like "oh hey guys! Come on in and just cozy up against my pee bag!" lol I think they are the same every where you go. Don't worry though, you'll only be in there for a couple of days and then you will be home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at your comment about the cath! Actually the other hospital that I mentioned has huge recovery rooms, they are like hotel rooms. But I didn't know how uncommon that was because I had never visited any other hospital :( That one is really popular for people to deliver at. Oh well, like you said it's only for a couple days.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how close you are! I can't wait to hear about her safe arrival. :)

    I love the gifts you got for Art, they're perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The books are adorable! Can't wait to see nursery pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 37 weeks!!! Just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete