Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another Milestone: 35/35!

I can't believe it...time keeps marching on and I blink my eyes and I'm 35 weeks pregnant with only 35 days to go!  Or 35/35 as we like to abbreviate on The Bump :)  Annnd, I only have 18 work days left!  Wow!  My boss and the person who will be taking over for me while I'm gone are coming tomorrow - it's really getting real now.  Craziness!  Oh, and did I mention that there is also a carseat in my car?  Yep!  Things are totally getting real over here.  I can hardly believe it.

Here's my update (or bumpdate as some of my fellow bloggers call it):

How far along?: 35 weeks, 35 days to go!
How big is baby?: Baby is about 20 inches and continues her steady weight gain (she’s about 5.5 pounds). While she won't get much longer, she will continue to pack on the pounds — including large amounts of baby fat — right up 'til delivery day. Something else that's moving at a mind-boggling pace these day: fetal brain development! There’s a lot going on inside that tiny head, which is, by the way, still soft to allow an easier exit through the birth canal.
Any appointments or updates this week?: No doctors appointments this week, but we did have an appointment to view our maternity pictures!  They turned out amazing, I was in tears looking at them all.  I can't wait to share them once we get them from the photographer!  Tonight we have a breastfeeding class at the hospital and next week we start the child birth classes. 
Body changes?: Nothing really new, everyone is commenting on the bump though and how I don't have much time left!
Maternity clothes?:  Oh yeah.  I've been sticking to dresses mostly because pants are just too uncomfortable with my size plus the heat.
Best moment last week?:  Getting to view our maternity photos.  I didn't expect to get so emotional...everything just hit me that this is really happening (silly, I know!).  We are so blessed.
Food cravings?:  I've been majorly craving sweets like ice cream, chocolate and candy but I'm trying my best to avoid them from now until delivery day.  I find that I can do it if I stick to eating fruit so that I can still have some sweet tasting food and avoid ALL desserts.  The other day I had some bad stuff (flan and cake) and then it made the cravings get a lot worse. 
Symptoms?:  Still swelling, some back aches from sitting at my desk all day.
Exercise?: Walking and doing some stretches
What I miss?:  Totally vain moment here: getting to wear my cute summer clothes.  All my maternity stuff just makes me feel so frumpy!
What I'm looking forward to?: Getting to hold my baby in my arms, I just can't wait. - Yep, still this!

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! You are having a baby!!!! :) Well we've known for like 33 weeks that you were having a baby, but holy crap, a car seat?! Yep things just got real. I love it!! She will be here before you know it! And I will be stalking facebook and the blog for those maternity pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know right? Nothing like a car seat to really make reality sink in! I can't wait for you to see the maternity pictures, they are so.good.

      Delete
  2. Those cravings are the worst. I'm trying to stick to fruit, too but it's so hard sometimes. When I do give in to a "bad" craving I try to make up for it by going on a semi-long walk or doing some sort of activity. Oh well- pretty soon we won't have to worry about it!
    Can't wait to see your maternity pictures- I bet they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete