Monday, December 17, 2012

Playing Catch Up!

Wow, has life been crazy lately.  I feel terrible for neglecting my blog but I can explain.  After moving on the 8th and 9th, I went to work on Monday and figured that Tuesday I would do my regular weekly update.  Unfortunately my husband Art's grandma passed away so we went out of town Tuesday and Wednesday to attend her funeral.  When we got back on Thursday I got hit with a really nasty cold.  I was sick as a dog for two days straight and I could barely get out of bed.  Luckily by Saturday I was feeling a little more normal but I'm still recovering.  So I hope you will forgive my lack of posts!

Now, on to the fun stuff!  I realized I never shared my 9 week picture and I just barely got my 10 week picture taken (luckily Art convinced me that I should so we took it tonight).  Without futher ado:

In our old house with clutter and boxes!
In the new house with the Christmas tree!
Art says my bump looks bigger in the 9 weeks picture, which I attribute to the dress I was wearing plus the fact that I got so sick that my weight might have gone down a little bit.

And since I am 10 weeks 6 days today, I am going to give you my 10 weeks pregnant update!

  1. How far along?: 10 Weeks
  2. How big is baby?: Your baby's growth is fast and furious.  He or she is nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled (even with all the time it spends in water). In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Bones and cartilage are forming, and small indentations on the legs are developing into knees and ankles. The arms (complete with elbows) can flex already. Though your baby's arms are taking shape and getting stronger, each one is only about the size of this number 1. 
      The tooth bud fairy is making her appearance this week, heralding the arrival of your baby's little choppers, which are forming under the gums. Other systems are go, too. Your baby's stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine, and, if your baby's a boy, he's already producing testosterone (wow!).
  3. Any appointments or updates this week?: My next OB appointment is tomorrow.  Art is coming along and we are really hoping that my doctor does an ultrasound so that we can see our little Sweet Pea again.
  4. Body changes?  Not much due to being sick.  This is the first week I've actually had full morning sickness.  Vomiting is not fun!
  5. Maternity clothes?: None yet.
  6. Best moment last week?: Settling into our new house
  7. Food cravings?: Firehouse subs
  8. Symptoms?: Mainly fatigue and constant thirst
  9. Exercise?: Does unpacking boxes count?
  10. What I miss?: Mainly just having my health, it's tough to be immune compromised.  I pledge to use MUCH more hand sanitizer from now on.
  11. What I'm looking forward to?: Seeing Sweet Pea again at our next ultrasound tomorrow!
  12. Different this time: Vomiting...ick!
10 week old baby, isn't it amazing?

Thanks for reading!  More updates coming soon, I promise.  

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for an update! I love seeing your cute little bump and reading all about how amazing your baby is, even though it's still so tiny. Wow.

    I can't wait to hear an update from your appointment today. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete