Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Week of Firsts!

The past couple days have been so much fun, I just have to share what has been going on with me. 

Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk in the afternoon and I felt Sweet Pea kick me pretty hard.  I looked down and to my surprise I could see my belly moving!  It was the coolest thing, I couldn't believe that she is now big enough to be moving my outsides AND my insides around. 

Another not-so-cool first was discovered yesterday too:  I have cankles!  Maybe I just haven't noticed because I've been wearing pants a lot in this cooler weather but I was wearing a dress and it was all too apparent that my calves were merging right into my feet :(  I know this is a normal part of pregnancy but I was really hoping it wouldn't happen until at least the third trimester, especially with spring and summer coming up.

Luckily the first first greatly outweighed the second first and really made my day.  I don't really care what I look like right now; I'm having a baby!  And that is just such a blessing.

My last first, that I discovered today:  when I stand up straight and look down I can't see my feet any more!  Isn't that crazy? 

I hope everyone is having a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! One day Sweet Pea is going to go back and read this blog and just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your firs and your last first and I am sad for you about your second first. But still, what an exciting week!

    ReplyDelete