Tuesday, May 14, 2013

32 Weeks!

Sorry to keep you all waiting for my weekly bump picture, but apparently my husband has decided to hide the camera SD card from me!

This weekend was really special and memorable.  For Mother's Day on Sunday Art, his dad and my dad all got together and made brunch for me, my mom and my mother-in-law at my house.  It was my dad's idea and it was so cute to watch the guys in the kitchen!  They did a great job, they made us pancakes, waffles, omelettes, bacon and sausage, fruit and sparkling grape juice.  It was so much fun and really sweet of them.

Art also got me a card and a photo album and some chocolate.  I was wondering if I would get anything this year, since our daughter isn't born yet, and so I was really touched that he did that.  I got my mom the Willow Tree Grandmother figurine and a card and she loved it.  After eating and socializing my Mom, Dad and I went to visit my grandparents for a little while.  They were really happy to see us and I'm glad I got to visit my Grandma on Mother's Day.

Weekly Update:


How far along?: 32 Weeks, only 56 days to go!
How big is baby?:  Baby is 4.5 lbs. and about 19 inches long.  In these past few weeks, it's all about practice, practice, practice as she hones the skills she'll need to thrive outside the womb — from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking. And speaking of sucking, your little one has been able to suck her thumb for a while now. Something else to note: As more and more fat accumulates under your baby's skin, she's becoming less transparent and more opaque.
Any appointments or updates this week?: I feel like I have been living at doctors offices over the past week!  I had a prenatal check up on Monday (everything looks great) and two pediatrician get-to-know-you sessions.  The first pediatrician I wasn't 100% sure of, didn't like everything about him, but the second practice seems like a perfect fit.  It's really close to Art's office (literally across the street) so he can come hold my hand when our baby gets her shots and the doctors seem wonderful.  It was sparkling clean and the rest of the staff seem great too. 
Body changes?: Getting bigger by the day!  My hands and feet have started swelling, I stopped wearing my rings this week for fear of them getting stuck.  
Maternity clothes?:  Yep! 
Best moment last week?:  Mother's Day
Food cravings?:  Nothing specific, mainly just indulging my sweet tooth!  I have been enjoying pizza and calzones lately too. 
Symptoms?:  Swelling, back aches, cramping...I can't tell if it's Braxton Hicks though. 
Exercise?: Eh, I didn't do much over the past week. 
What I miss?:  I will be honest: coffee.  Like, when we are all at the house, and someone makes a pot of coffee, and I can't have a cup.  Grr!  Maybe it's time to invest in a Keurig? (if I keep up the no caffeine thing while breastfeeding)
What I'm looking forward to?: Getting our maternity photos taken on Thursday!  I really hope that they come out well. 

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Mother's Day sounds like it was awesome day! Art is so sweet. :)

    And wow, that little girl of yours is getting big! I can't believe how close you are to holding her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, I can't believe it either. Time has been flying!

      Delete
  2. So glad you found a ped you are comfortable with!

    ReplyDelete