Friday, May 31, 2013

Memorial Weekend Babymoon

When I was in the first trimester, going on a babymoon seemed like a really dumb thing to do.  Why would I want to be away from the comforts of home while I was pregnant?  I was afraid that my nauseousness and constantly feeling bad would last for the whole time I was pregnant.

Then I hit second tri and I felt like myself again!  A trip sounded like an awesome idea but Art had not asked for any time off because of my previous adamant feelings not to go anywhere.  So we couldn't pull anything together until this past weekend, and we weren't even sure if that would happen.  It was all very last minute.

Our babymoon was just two days, one night but it was very luxurious - Art booked us a room at one of the nicest hotels in town!  It was a stay-cation since we didn't have much time.  We arrived in the afternoon with plans to enjoy the pool and amenities and go to dinner.  We had a dinner reservation at 8:30pm, the only time we could get on such short notice.  Once we arrived we found out why - they were having fireworks at 9pm.  We briefly considered changing our dinner plans but decided that having a nice romantic dinner trumped watching fireworks. 

We got settled into our room, which was beautiful, with a balcony and a nice view of a lake.  Then we made our way down to the pool and ordered some drinks (virgin mojito for me, pina colada for Art) and relaxed.  The weather was great and the pool felt so nice.  We stuck around there for a few hours before making our way back to our room to get ready for dinner.  I thought that 8:30pm would be too late to eat but it ended up working out pretty well because we had plenty of pool time and didn't have to rush getting ready.

For dinner, we ate at Norman's, their nicest restaurant on property.  Art and I love eating at nice places when we can get away with it, especially somewhere that we have never been before.  The dinner was so delicious, we were served this amazing bread (yeah, it's just bread but I swear it was sooo good, we both couldn't stop eating it).  Next course was a salad, followed by an empanadas appetizer.  Our main courses of course were so yummy.  I got the yellow tail snapper, which was very fresh and cooked perfectly.  Art got a pork dish that he loved.  For dessert, I chose one that had a chocolate truffle, chocolate cake and ice cream.  Yummm!!!

Here is us from after dinner:



The next day we went back to the pool and relaxed again for a few hours before it was time to leave.  Even though it was a very short babymoon it was much needed for both of us.  We came home feeling happy and reconnected again.  It's hard to believe that it was probably our last trip as just the two of us!  Reality is starting to sink in that our little girl will be here soon!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds so nice. Glad you two had a nice time getting reconnected and ate lots of good food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful! glad you got to spend time with the hubs and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a nice time! That sounds so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys got to get away and enjoy some time together, just the two of you. And you look amazing in that dress. :)

    P.S. I'm so totally jealous of that bread you ate, it sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a chance for a fun stay-cation.

    ReplyDelete