Monday, January 7, 2013

Officially in the 2nd Trimester!

I'm officially in the 2nd tri!!!!  This is exactly how excited I feel:


It's awesome to be past the scary first trimester...of course my PGAL* brain keeps reminding me that other things can still go wrong but for the most part I feel really, really happy and confident about this pregnancy.

I know I have been slacking on posting lately - I am hoping to get my bump pictures posted soon.  It takes some effort because I have to do it on a particular computer that has the photo software that our camera uses (we have a Canon DSLR).  Sometimes I really wish that all cameras would be able to upload to the internet as easily as my iPhone pictures...*sigh*  First world problems :) 

Anyway, here's the 13 week update since I'm 13 weeks and 6 days today!

How far along?: 13 Weeks

How big is baby?:   Your baby is the size of a lemon!  Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.  (Wow, isn't that amazing?) Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction.  And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth.

Any appointments or updates this week?: My next appointment is next Monday, can't wait!

Body changes?:  Everything is still pretty subtle.  I'm getting a little curvier though, I noticed when I tried to wear a dress that used to fit me great that it was really tight.   Between my boobs and belly I'm not as skinny as I used to be! 

Maternity clothes?: Not yet, my regular pants and shirts are still fitting okay.

Best moment last week?: Getting to spend lots of special moments with close friends - New Year's Eve, two weddings and more!

Food cravings?: None really

Symptoms?: My symptoms are subsiding a lot, except that I still need to drink lots of water.

Exercise?: None.  I'm really hoping to get a couple of walks in this week at least and maybe a yoga class.

What I miss?: Not a thing!  I'm so happy to be here.  I guess if I had to say anything, just the ability not to have to think about what I am eating/doing, I feel like I have to be a lot more conscious of all of my choices now that I'm pregnant.  But I wouldn't change it for anything.

What I'm looking forward to?:  Finding out the sex of the baby!  I can't wait.  

What our baby looks like this week:






*PGAL = Pregnant after a Loss

2 comments:

  1. SQUEEEEEEEEE! Congrats on being out of your first tri! It's an AMAZING feeling, isn't it? I'm so happy for both of us and I can't wait for other big things like finding out the sex. It's just SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete