Monday, February 11, 2013

18 weeks 6 days

I'm coming in right under the wire yet again!  At least I'm not late this time though.  Sheesh, can't life stop being so hectic so that I can blog and take pictures more???  (and what I really mean is pose for pictures :-P )

Anyway, this weekend was really hectic because we were away on a high school youth group retreat that Art and I helped facilitate.  It was really tiring serving all weekend but it was great to build relationships with the teens and minister to them and see God working in their lives over the weekend.

Now that I'm back, I finally took my 18 weeks picture!


Don't I look huge?!  I can't believe my belly is already showing so much.  People are finally starting to notice and make comments, which is a good thing because I finally look pregnant and not just chubby!  I'm loving pregnancy right now.  I still have energy, I still fit in a decent amount of my clothes, but I'm looking more pregnant and now I know that we are Team Pink! 

Now time for the 18 week update:

How far along?: 18 Weeks
How big is baby?:   Your baby is the size of a papaya!  Baby is 10" long from head to toe and weighs 8 ounces.  It's the first time that the legs are straight enough to be measured.  Baby now may be large enough for you to feel her twisting, rolling, kicking, and punching her way around the womb. Plus, she's developing yawning and hiccuping skills (you may feel those soon, too!) and her own unique set of toe and fingerprints.
Any appointments or updates this week?:  I had a doctor's appointment this morning with the medical director of my OB group.  I really liked him.  He listened to our little girl's heartbeat and checked to see where my uterus was extending to.  Right now it's right below my belly button.  
Body changes?:  The bump is here!  I love it.  Nothing else has changed much lately, I'm feeling great!
Maternity clothes?:  I wore full panel maternity pants the other day for the first time and they actually fit!  They are still a little loose but I think in another couple of weeks I will be switching over.  The belly band is still working for now but I'm sure I will be outgrowing it soon. 
Best moment last week?:  Finding out that we are having a healthy baby girl, and getting to share the exciting news with our family and friends.  
Food cravings?:  Anything sweet, especially chocolate and ice cream.
Symptoms?:  Same as usual: thirsty all the time.
Exercise?: None this week.  I really need to go walking again. 
What I miss?:  Drinking Coke every once in a while 
What I'm looking forward to?: Decorating the nursery and picking out more baby stuff, especially some more cute girly clothes!


That's all for tonight, since it's now way past my bedtime!  Good night and God Bless!

7 comments:

  1. You have the most adorable bump!!! And once again congrats on team pink :) I find out on Friday!!! Such an exciting time, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! Every week I think that you can't get any cuter and then you do. I love your litte bump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! Congrats on your little GIRL! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have THE CUTEST freaking bump I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks guys! You all are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I hate you; you're way too good at being cute pregnant and not just lumpy pregnant like me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bump! Too cute!!! You are going to be one of those pg women who look like thye just have a basketball under their shirt. :) I'm so glad that you are on team pink! Girls are really so much fun (well boys are too, I'm sure). I was looking at some pages I've liked on fb last night and I just kept thinking "ooo Erin is in trouble!!" lol

    ReplyDelete