Tuesday, February 19, 2013

20 Weeks = Half Baked!

Wow...I can't believe we have already come this far.  It honestly feels like I'm living in a dream.  Especially now that we know we are having a little girl and getting to feel her kicks and everything.  It's so special and amazing. After all of the time we spent praying for this miracle, it's almost unreal that it came true. 

Despite every tear that I've shed to get here, I don't think I would trade it for anything.  I am never going to take this amazing gift for granted.   Losing our first baby Elijah, having to wait for almost a year not knowing what was wrong, having surgery, and taking fertility drugs including injections...it's been a very difficult journey.  However, I think God was preparing us.  He has given Art and I special gifts through this struggle, including bringing us closer to each other and closer to Him.

I truly feel so blessed.  This little miracle baby is going to know how much she is loved and wanted.  I pray that I will always have patience with her.  Hopefully the way that my patience has already been tested and formed will help with that. 

I hope and pray that everything goes as smoothly with the next 20 weeks as it did with the last.  I'm still working on "letting go and letting God" and turning over my fears and anxiety to Him.  I know that it does no good for me to worry about things that are out of my control.  So instead I offer up my daily prayer: Please God, let my little girl continue to grow and be healthy.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Happy half baked day! Well, for yesterday. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many prayers for a healthy and uneventful second half to your pregnancy! I still can't believe you are 20 weeks. It'll be July before you know it and that cutie will be here!

    ReplyDelete