Monday, February 25, 2013

20 Week Update and How we celebrated being Half Baked

Gosh, there has been so much fun stuff happening lately!  First of all, it's my last day of being 20 weeks so I will give my little update: 

How far along?: 20 Weeks
How big is baby?:   Your baby is the size of a melon!  Your baby weighs about 13 ounces, and measures about 10 1/2 inches long.  She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system.  She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
Any appointments or updates this week?:  Nope
Body changes?: Nothing much new
Maternity clothes?:  Oh yeah!  I'm cleaning out my closet of my pre-pregnancy clothes, because most of them don't fit or if they do they don't really look flattering on my new body shape.
Best moment last week?:  Celebrating that we have hit the halfway point! 
Food cravings?:  Chocolate, ice cream, oh and girl scout cookies!
Symptoms?: I started getting acid reflux this week (it seems to happen when I eat marinara sauce, which is really unfortunate since I love Italian food).  Also, I've been getting leg numbness on my left side.  Apparently this is a pregnancy symptom - who knew?  And of course the leg cramps.
Exercise?: Yes! I did an awesome yoga class on Thursday and played a little basketball and kickball at an open gym day yesterday.
What I miss?:  Sleeping all the way through the night.
What I'm looking forward to?: Decorating the nursery! I can't wait for us to get it painted and pick out the bedding.

Last Wednesday we decided to celebrate our Sweet Pea being half baked!  We went to Caffe Positanos, a local Italian restaurant, and had a really nice relaxing dinner.  

Afterwards, we stopped at Publix and picked up a container of Half Baked ice cream!


It was such a yummy and fun way to celebrate!  And here are a couple pictures of both of us: 

I love this one
 
You can see the bump better here
It's been a fun, celebratory week.  We didn't do as much baby-related stuff this weekend, but we did get to do some cool adults stuff (which I fully realize we won't be able to do for a while once baby gets here).  On Saturday we went to see Matthew Kelly, a Catholic speaker.  He gave several talks and it was a really inspiring morning.  I got Art the tickets for Valentine's Day and I think he really loved it.  Here's some pictures (yep, I'm wearing the same outfit, lol.  It's so comfortable!)


On Sunday we hung out with friends at an open-gym thing at church and then went to lunch.  After lunch Art and I went to Crib 4 Life, a local baby furniture store.  I think we found the baby's bedroom set!  The company was recommended to me by another mom and the quality is great. 

Baby's Dream Renaissance series in Espresso
Plus the crib will convert to a toddler bed and full size bed later on.  It feels good to have another big thing picked out.  Now the next thing will be deciding on bedding and accessories to decorate her room.  I can't wait, it's so much fun. 



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 20 weeks!! I love your furniture! It looks a lot like what we pick out, but ours is baby cache from BRU. I can't wait to see you nursery come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, there is so much awesomeness in this post!!! I love the baby updates, the belly pictures, the Half Baked ice cream and the bedroom set. I just LOVE it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so adorable in that dress! I LOVE IT! Congrats on being half baked, and I hope that ice cream was delicious. It LOOKED delicious... mmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures; you guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya'll are such a cute couple, very creative with the ice cream, what a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The belly picture with the half baked ice-cream has me rolling!! That was a really cute idea! The furniture looks really cute too! I can't wait to see it all pulled together in what is safe to say, will be the cutest little nursery! SP is a lucky girl!

    PS. I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete