Monday, February 18, 2013

Hey Hey, We're Almost Halfway!

Wow, I can't believe it!  Tomorrow will be 20 weeks!  Reality has finally started hitting me and I've completely gone into get-stuff-done mode, so that made for an extremely fun but extremely busy weekend.  Also, Art is about to get slammed at work so I wanted to take advantage of one of his last weekends where he wouldn't be working or completely exhausted.

We started Saturday by taking our first trip together to Babies-R-Us and Buy Buy Baby.  I went in armed with my Baby Bargains book (a lifesaver!) and a list of items that my sister-in-law recommended.  It helped a lot to have that extra information as we walked through all the aisles of gear.  We picked out some things that will be going on our registry, like the Chicco KeyFit 30 car seat and stroller caddy

It was our front runner, and a mom actually stopped is in the store and told us that the stroller caddy was awesome because it's lightweight and easy to fold and unfold, and not to bother with the travel system.  We like the Adventure style because it's gender neutral and we plan on having more kids eventually. 

Other categories were harder to agree on, like the crib and dresser.  And we were both stumped by all the different gliders.  But, we are making progress!

We also went over to my aunt's house on Saturday afternoon to visit and pick up a bunch of baby clothes that she offered to hand down to us.  It was great, she gave us a huge plastic tub full of her kids' clothes including the cutest thing...

Our little gator girl has her first cheerleading outfit!
When we were at my aunt's house, Sweet Pea was kicking me like crazy.  I'm not sure what got her so excited but it might have been the two dogs that my aunt and uncle have.  Anyway, I put Art's hand on my stomach while we were sitting on the couch and all of a sudden I feel a really hard kick, and he felt it too!  It was so cool and special that we could both feel her moving. 

We did more shopping on Sunday, but I'm going to save that for tomorrow.

Anyway, I guess I should get to posting my 19 week update :)

How far along?: 19 Weeks
How big is baby?:   Your baby is the size of a potato or mango!  Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces, and measures about 10 1/2 inches long.
Baby girl's early ovaries contain follicles with forming eggs. Soon, half of the genetic material for your potential future grandchildren will be formed. Pictures of babies at this age show them touching the membrane of the amniotic sac, touching their own faces, reaching for the umbilical cord, pedaling their legs, and sucking their thumbs.
Any appointments or updates this week?:  No appointments this week, I'm still on the every 4 weeks schedule so I won't go back until March.
Body changes?: My bump is getting a little bigger every day!  Everything else is going well so far.
Maternity clothes?:  Yes!  I am definitely noticing the need for maternity clothes now, because my bump is getting to the point where some of my shirts aren't long enough any more.  The belly band still works but demi-panel pants are a lot more comfortable.  I have a feeling I will be retiring most of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe pretty soon!
Best moment last week?:  Art getting to feel the baby kick, and receiving his Valentine's Day gifts from our daughter (and the card he gave her back). 
Food cravings?:  Still craving chocolate and anything sweet.
Symptoms?: Extra emotional, leg cramps, thirsty.
Exercise?: Does pulling weeds from our flower beds count?
What I miss?:  Not having to carry a water bottle everwhere
What I'm looking forward to?: Decorating the nursery and registering for everything

What our little girl looks like this week:
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's not just me that's over emotional...I have been a complete mess this whole week. It must be a mid-pregnancy thing or all those baby girl hormones flooding our system?!
    You will love the Chicco Key Fit 30 car seat. We did get the travel system and it's nice but soooo heavy. Enjoy shopping for Sweet Pea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for almost half-baked!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little cheerleading outfit is so cute!

    I'm glad that you guys had a productive weekend of shopping and that you both got to feel the baby move at the same time. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you are half way there already!! Man these past 20 weeks flew by!! Have fun registering!! It's so much fun! And I find it absolutely adorable that SP was so excited at your Aunt's house! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's going to look so cute in her cheerleading outfit! I have a great pic of Zoe in that outfit for Halloween when she was just over a year. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy! I didn't know you were reading :) I just can't wait to put her in that outfit, I bet she will look just as cute as Zoe did...we will have to compare the pictures!

      Delete